domingo, abril 16, 2006

Jigdo Solved

What is jigdo? Take a peek at http://atterer.net/jigdo/ to see what
i'm talking about.
There is also a binary distribution for Mac OS X at http://
jigdoosx.berlios.de/
The aquajigdo app worked fine for me on tiger but the command line
itself that the app relies on doesn't work so it was back to square one.
First of all I neaded jigdo because it's hard to find iso images of
the debian distribution and also because my ISP limit's my
"international" traffic to 2Gb per month, so I had to find a way to
download the iso's from a local server.
jigdo doe's just that. It takes all the files from a template a
recreates the cd or dvd images for your burning pleasure. The big
problem was that I always got a missing library with the binaries
found on the web. And compiling from source, I tought.
So I put my hands to work and after trial and error this is what I
found.

This tested on Tiger with the developer tools included on the dvd


1 - Install the developer tools
2 - Install fink
3 - Using fink install db42 and gettext
4 - Download the jigdo source and unpack it somewhere
5 - Find a way for configure to find db.h and libintl.h What I did
was using terminal created synbolic links to these 2 libraries in /
usr/include (caution there is an existing db.h). These libraries are originaly in /sw/include/db4 and /sw/
include respectively
6 - Also symbolic link /usr/lib/libdb-4.2.dylib to /sw/lib/libdb-4.2.dylib
7 - Symbolic link /usr/lib/libintl.dylib to /sw/libintl[VERSION].dylib
8 - Using terminal again cd into the jigdo directory and do ./
configure
9 - When configure finishes do make
10 - when make finishes do sudo make install type your password and
you have jigdo.

Now you can use it to download Debian CD's or DVD's

Have fun making images